Why should this matter to me?
Doing this is key to ending the global economic crisis: we can’t achieve one without doing the other. We have all of the technologies we need to solve all of the crises facing us. Why aren’t we doing it? How do we overcome the gridlock of governments, inspire the best of the private sector to take more of a leadership role? How do we shift governments, companies and an economics profession obsessed with measuring and growing Gross National Product to shift to maximizing total well being?
Whatever it is you believe in or don’t…
So maybe you believe that we can continue “business as usual”… or on the contrary you think the current system is not sustainable. Perhaps you believe in climate change … or it’s just the natural cycle taking place. You might think richer is better … or you might say 1% of the world’s population owning 40% of combined wealth will only foster greater unrest.
Do You Believe:
- Business as Usual is fine as it is
- Climate Change is a Myth
- Richer is Better
Then watch the following video on the future best opportunities:
Do You Believe:
- We can’t continue Business as Normal
- Climate Change is a Real Issue
- Inequality between Rich and Poor fuels greater unrest
Then watch the following video on the biggest threats facing today’s world and the society we live in:
Ok so now what? What can I do?
This is YOUR site.
The world needs help and its leaders are asking for YOUR answers. Explore ASAP and see how you can contribute:
- The Publications & Articles section highlights the latest additions to the website and provides a wealth of articles written by ASAP contributors.
- The Priorities section breaks down ASAP’s work into 5 key areas, Fair Distribution, Living Democracy, Quality of Life, Safe Operating Spaces, Transforming Finance and the Regenerative Economy
- The Public Forum invites your best thinking. ASAP comprises experts who have been working on this for over three decades. But the state of the world today is testament that they cannot do it alone. We need your involvement in this work, too.
- The Contributors Forum is reserved for ASAP Contributors. Sign Up using the link above and be part of the ASAP community.
If you have a really good idea, but no clue how to achieve it, go ahead and submit it – most likely someone else has the answer you’re seeking. All of us are smarter than any of us. Welcome to crafting a future that can work for all humanity.
We need this… ASAP
About the website
This site is designed to help craft a sustainable future by bringing together parties interested in redefining the relationship between humans, economic life and nature, and serving as a collective forum for information, debate and exchange. — read more
Eight general guidelines for using this site and participating in this discussion. — read more
Read about how this group was formed and the initiative by the Royal Government of Bhutan in articulating and elaborating the goals, conceptual framework, structures and processes of a proposed New Development Paradigm (NDP). — read more